Meet Caitlan Stransky
MA | Registered Psychotherapist (QUALIFYING) ENG
Caitlan takes a compassionate approach when working with youths and adults. She focuses her work on grief, trauma, perfectionism, body-image concerns, and anxiety. Caitlan is warm, passionate about her work, and highly supportive.
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
Dr. Carl Jung
MA| RP (Qualifying), | ENG
Caitlan has a warm and gentle approach as she works with the nervous system, emotions, and associated perceptions. She works with adults who have complex trauma, addictions, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues. Additionally, she works with individuals affected by grief. Her gentle approach lends to creating a safe and supportive environment for clients to explore the impact of their experience(s) and how they can shift into more authentic states.
She works with individuals from all backgrounds, including the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. She uses a client-centered and trauma-informed approach to assist clients in creating their own path towards post-traumatic growth and healing. She is also passionate about using evidence-based treatments to support her clients. She borrows from the NeuroAffective Relational Model, Polyvagal Theory, Motivational Interviewing, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Compassion-Focused Therapy.
In her spare time, Caitlan enjoys hiking with her dog, practicing yoga, and connecting with folks in the local music scene. She also facilitates a mental wellness group for youth experiencing mild-to-moderate anxiety.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology | Yorkville University
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies | Laurentian University
Courses and Certifications
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) | Psychwire
- Complex Trauma and Addictions | Heal Psychotherapy
- Trauma-Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (TF-ACT)| Psychwire
- Schema Therapy: Basic and Beyond for Narcissism, Borderline, Eating Disorders & More | PESI
- Compassion-Focused Therapy Training | Roles & Associates
- Applying Motivational Interviewing (Workshop) | Heal Psychotherapy
- CBT for Children and Adolescents Training | Roles & Associates
- CBT Training and Supervision | Roles & Associates
- Mental Health First Aid Training Certificate | Health Commissionaire of Canada
*Session Fees per Hour (plus HST)
Individual Counselling: $140